Click on one of the links below to jump directly to the listed section:
We may obtain information about you from various sources, including our Sites, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events, contests or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties and publicly available information.
The types of information we may obtain include:
- Your Personal Information, if you choose to provide it or if we obtain it in the manner described above. You do not have to give us any Personal Information in order to perform job searches or to read the content portions of the Sites.
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our Sites.
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address) if you buy products on our Sites.
- Your demographic information (such as zip or postal code, occupation, education and experience, and if you choose to provide it, age, gender and race or ethnicity). We collect this information either through the registration process, from your resume or in the manner described above.
- Job search behavior and preferences, and a record of the searches that you make on our Sites. We do this in order to present you with job recommendations based on your interests as expressed previously through your searches.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.We collect information stored in your social media profile that you authorize us to access when you use your social media profile to enact features on the Sites, such as the ability to pre-populate our registration form or a job application. CareerBuilder provides software applications (“Apps”) available to the public. If you decide to download one of our Apps, we will collect your profile information, including your social network site user ID, work email address, name, city, state, social network site profile image URL, and employment history, including job titles and company names.In addition, when you visit our Sites or use our Apps, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described in more detail below. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
- Pages and URLs that refer visitors to our Sites, also pages and URLs that visitors exit to once they leave our Sites.
- Dates and times of visits to our Sites.
- Information on actions taken on our Sites (such as page views, site navigation patterns and job view or application activity).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our Sites.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our Sites.
You may access, update and amend Personal Information included in your online account at any time by logging into your account and making the necessary changes. You may also delete your account, including your Personal Information and any resumes from our databases at any time by logging in to your account and making an account deletion request. Deleting your account will remove your Personal Information and resumes from our databases. However, if you have applied to a job in the past, that particular employer will still be able to access your resume. Further, you will not be able to delete data held by third parties, such as prospective employers, that already have accessed and downloaded your information or resume. In addition, we will retain anonymous Aggregate Data for uses described above. Please allow up to thirty days to process your account deletion request.
Our Sites may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not owned by CareerBuilder. In addition, if you are using our App through a social networking site, remember that our Apps may be served by or hosted by other sites. These other sites or linked third-party sites may have their own privacy notices, which you should review if you visit those sites. We are not responsible for the content of any sites not owned by CareerBuilder, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
Our CareerBuilder Trust and Site Security team is dedicated to promoting a secure online environment for all of our users and instilling confidence in the CareerBuilder brand.
Trust and Site Security acts as a first line of defense for our clients, working with partners such as PhishLabs and using the FraudAction anti-phishing service to investigate and mitigate phishing attacks.
Our team is here 7 days a week to promptly address your inquiries. To report a scam, spam, or other unauthorized activity, please contact us:
Awareness is the key to staying one step ahead of suspicious activity online and protecting yourself and your business from phishing, malware and other types of fraudulent activity. If you have questions or concerns about fraudulent activitiy, please contact the Trust and Site Security Team at TSST@CareerBuilder.com. Trust and Site Security will take all necessary action required to prevent abuse of CareerBuilder’s services and protect employers who use our services.